Purpose of UKSpaceEA
The delegates, organisers and speakers of the 2012 and 2013 UK Space Environments conferences formally agreed to establish a Space Environments Association in the UK. The purpose of this umbrella organisation is to;
- Present to government, research funders and the public, a single, independent and focussed ‘voice’ to represent the space environment domain(s).
- To document and highlight the size and nature of the community.
- To provide a focal point for space environments communication within the UK.
- For the benefit of the UK, and the membership itself, UKSEA will coordinate activities and draw upon the capabilities, facilities and experiences of the membership to;
- Enable inter-organisational facility/equipment lending and hire across domains.
- Facilitate funding acquisition both through traditional and innovative means.
To this end a UK Space Environments Association will be established during the course of 2015. The Association will be open to people and organisations working in the UK in education, business, industry and R&D activities related to aspects of the space environment. Typical fields related to space environments R&D are materials research, astrobiology, microgravity physics, astrochemistry, and space life and biomedical sciences.